LaunchBox Community Forums

How to link to a third party frontend like Steam?

Tony

I know you can import Steam games but I'd rather use Big Picture mode to save me from having to import all my games and besides, there's certain nuances with PC games that I think Steam would handle better. So is there any way to just run an .exe file from the menu? It also might be handy for those using XBMC, Netflix, SlingTV or any other apps that would make it a more complete media center. Then again, Launchbox already uses VLC, maybe you could allow scraping videos and music. But just some ideas, I'd rather have gaming as a priority for LB as I know you're limited on time and personnel. There's other FE's that do media so just being able to link to them would be great though. 

@Tony you can  easily add an exe as a game and launch it from with in LB. To do so just click add in the bottom right corner and when the edit window opens just point it to the correct .exe, give it a platform name I call mine applications and I use it to open Plex, SlingPlayer and Freda+ giving me the ability to enjoy my media server, watch television or read books all from within LB. Your suggestion for the alt media types has been suggested many times by different people but the answer is usually that it is a possibility for the future but at the moment all of the focus is on gaming.

• Like 1