LaunchBox Community Forums

XML Bug Report

Tony

Version: 6.10-beta-2

It starts, then crashes with:

System.ArgumentException: The key already existed in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<TKey,TValue>.Add(TKey key, TValue value)

at (DataManager , String )

at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.LoadGames(String filePath)

at (DataManager , Boolean , Boolean )

at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.Load(Boolean settingsOnly, Boolean forceReloadAll)

at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare, Boolean settingsOnly)

at BigBox.App..ctor()

at ()

at BigBox.App.Main()

Cause: I added Steam, quit, restarted and no issue. I then looked for media for the Steam platform so it might apply info, logo, and images. When I chose [LaunchBox DB] Steam (Windows) aka ID #20633 Launchbox ID, it made a new registry in my platforms and a new Windows.xml in Launchbox-->Data-->Platforms.

Resolution: Delete either Steam.xml or Windows.xml in the directory.

If it's any help, my Steam submenu links to a shortcut with "Steam.exe -bigpicture" instead of the real .exe. 

I uploaded both xml's in case it helps since it seems to be a game-breaking bug. There's little difference in them other than paths. 

Platforms.zip

Other than that and the database query being a bit too verbose, I'm pleased with the purchase. 

Edit: Also a site bug. Every time I edit, the sentence spacing in the "code" area becomes wider with each edit.

Edited by Tony
Upload XML

Also I can't seem to add Steam without it creating either an MS-DOS or Windows platform. Every time I delete the latter platforms, they auto create themselves again upon startup. I don't link to any DOS or Windows games so I'd just rather create a Steam platform alone.