LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Launcher v1.01 error (Class Not Registered)

I have recently purchased Launch Box Premium 6.10 for my PC running Windows 10 64bit to load my collection of Retro & Windows PC based games in Big Box mode & think it is fantastic.

The issue I am having recently however is that for a HTTPC/Console like experience I wanted my PC to boot into Big Box at start up so I got the 3rd party plugin (Big Box Launcher v1.01) to do this which it does. All my Emulators & Windows games work perfectly apart from Windows games that I have obtained through the Windows Microsoft Store like (Forza Motorsport 6 Apex) which load up through the Xbox App built into Windows 10.

As soon as I press play it comes up with the error (CLASS NOT REGISTERED) so I realised that if I switch to Launch Box Desktop mode from the options menu, press play again then it loads the Xbox App & game as it would normally from my shortcut of game on the desktop.

So this leads me to believe that it has something to do with the (Big Box Launcher v1.01 Plugin) as it kills explorer.exe at start up & the game in question does load through Big Box once explorer.exe is running.

Would it be possible in maybe a future update to enable Big Box to boot into at start up without killing the explorer.exe process or some other way to get this working would be great.