LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible Tagging System - "Send Feedback"

itsmeblake

I was thinking about making custom sections/wheels... So I went ahead and created a new unknown platform and added all my favorite games to it. Each game has a batch file that takes care of proper launching. I always found creating a multi-emulator wheel cumbersome in Hyperspin.... But what if

- we could create a new "custom" section/platform

- give it a name

- give it a #HashTag

Now when scrolling through your list of games you can simply add the #HashTags associated to the "custom" section(s) of your choice. Now that game will "appear there" until the tag is removed.

It would be nice to have a section called "broken games" - any game marked as "broken" automatically gets the #Broken tag

would also be nice to have a "no art" section - any game with no art automatically gets the #NoArt tag

Is this sort of thing possible? Am I thinking too hard about this?

• Like 1

What you want already exists actually. There isn't as much automation as you may be wanting, but it exists. With Custom Filters it's all possible, you can even mark a game broken when you edit it. Marking games with tags though is very awesome (I'm not sure the custom field panel would fit this as is) and being able to more easily mark games with the current check boxes should be two good upgrades to Custom Filters.

Your right about the custom filtering. In fact the filtering makes the process of adding games in bulk to a custom section faster. I think that #Tagging is better if for a person that wants to add 1 game easily without having to switch from big box to desktop mode. It could have other applications as well.

For example: the 10 games with the highest play count numbers automatically get the #Top10 tag and are displayed in a custom section/wheel.

Ease of use is what separates Launchbox from Hyperspin and other front ends. I think a tagging system would bring Launchbox more users.