LaunchBox Community Forums

controlls

sarge1979

Can anyone help me on how to set up an xbox 360 wired controller so that you can exit a game and return to the main menu without having to press escape on my keyboard. I am new to launchbox so learning the basics at the moment. Also when escaping a game via escape on pc it seems to take ages to return to the main menu

Open your LaunchBox or Big Box options menu, go to Automation (or Controller Automation), and set up your buttons. Set your hold button to something you want, then the other functions to different keys. You then press the hold button, then the exit key you've set. If an emulator gives you a dialogue asking if you really want to close this program, check the settings to see if you can disable that, or press the button combination again and it should close that window, then the emulator.