LaunchBox Community Forums

Creating Themes

corvusfan23

I had just purchased Launchbox Premium recently and I am really liking all of the features, especially big box with theme support. So that brings me to my question, is there any comprehensive guide, or a set of recommended tutorials? I know that XAML is involved. I have no current knowledge of XAML. I have looked into what it is, but I have no idea how to use it or implement it. I would love to add to the community with themes. So any help on the topic would be fantastic.

Also is it entirely necessary to install visual studio to work with XAML? I do have access to the software through my school.
So I looked in to Kaxaml and installed that based on a comment on the XAML tips thread. 

So I started looking at the XAML files and I don't know where to start looking, any suggestions as far as that goes?

Anyways thank you in advance!

Edited by corvusfan23
Forgot part of what I wanted to ask

Jason made a few video tutorials about the basics of XAML. I would highly suggest to start with them.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6pTDaHeAz-X8yNgOD3DPxUf1gaB2FLzb

Also there’s a documentation file in the Theme folder which features the most important BigBox elements.

When you have a feeling for the basics can you also check out the XAML tips & tricks thread and/or look at the XAML files of other themes to see how they have accomplished their look and feel.

And the most important thing of all. Have fun :)

http://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/28698-xaml-tips-and-tricks/

• Like 1