LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch not open

Sahazkiy

Immediately apologize for my bad english, it's Google Translate))

Through LaunchBox Retroarh does not open. After double-clicking on the game (I tried NES, SNES, SEGA, Sony PlayStation), nothing happens. I was watching the forums. But the answer is not found. At the command line correct cores. the platform has the same name in the left column Launch Box. If you select another emulator, it runs fine. But Retroarh presenting surprises. What would you choose to play, I need to go to Retroarh and through the emulator menu to find the right ROM. Can you tell me, what is this nonsense)

It could be a lot of things, but it sounds like you've ran through most of the potential issues. Click on a platform on the left, click a game, Ctrl + A then right click -> edit to bring up the Bulk Edit wizard. Choose emulator from the drop down and choose RetroArch, this will make sure that the games are using RetroArch, in case you've been experimenting with other emulators you need to make sure they're using the proper emulator. Otherwise BIOS don't count for a lot of those systems, names match (well the proper names match? if you are using the scrape as function on any platform make sure it matches the name in LaunchBox and not the scrape as name), the command line is set properly for the core you want, did you make sure to also download the core from within RetroArch?

Also, you're ok with the bad English, Google Translate is a lot more kind to your words than others I've seen.

Scraping is what it's called when LaunchBox takes the name of a game you have, runs it through the LaunchBox Games Database and EmuMovies, gives you some results, and downloads the appropriate media for it within LaunchBox. Scrape As is a feature where when someone imports a platform, and uses a non-traditionally named system they can opt to scrape it as another. For example, I want a platform named NES, but NES doesn't exist in the Database so I will call it NES and Scrape It as Nintendo Entertainment System. This way media can be found, but I can still call the platform what ever I choose. You can also change a platform scrape as in the Tools -> Manage Platforms screen, however it doesn't look like that is your issue here.

I honestly can't say what it is at this point. A setting has to be off somewhere. Paths, names, cores, or some sort of setting. I don't know if you've followed our RetroArch tutorials, but there is a beginner one centered around SNES and assumes nothing, but I would suggest trying to watch that if you haven't already. If you have seen it, then I am even more confused to be honest.

Thanks to the lessons on Youtube, I found out about LaunchBox))) I tried to do everything as on the video. However, I could miss something, because of poor knowledge of English ...
I'm afraid I have to choose between LaunchBox or RetroArch

Maybe you got an e-mail, and I would write to you?

• 4 weeks later...