LaunchBox Community Forums

Gameboy games not working

heelsinc

Sigh...need more help.  So I imported Gameboy and GBA last night.  In Launchbox games won't even open Retroarch.  It looks like is about it then doesn't but does list the game as played in the "Play Count" counter.  Outside of the Launchbox if I just try to boot up a game file it opens Retroarch brings up the Gameboy title screen for the system NOT the game and then hangs there.  Am I missing something?  Using the Gambatte core for Gameboy/GBC and VBA-M For GBA.   I got GBA games to work in Retroarch OUTSIDE of launchbox.  Still nothing on GB or GBC.  

Edit:  Sorry I realize I put this in the wrong "Troubleshooting" forum.  If a mod could please move it for me.  Thank you

Edited by heelsinc

cores are downloaded command line is good.  Games were rar's I unpacked them to see if that would work and that's how I got the GBA games to work outside of Launchbox.  Deleted the platforms and tried to upload them again but same issues.  

Edited by heelsinc

now nothing that I add will open in retroarch.  I just added an SNES game and am getting the same issue.  I don't understand what happened.  The ONLY changes I made from last night to this morning was trying to add a few more systems.  All the systems that were perviously added are still working.  

I would start fresh. Download the latest nightly, open it up fresh, download your cores, make a completely new entry inside of LaunchBox, set the command lines properly (also, make sure you are only using the -L commands, -C will crash it if you don't have a custom config created), then click on a system, ctrl+a to highlight them all, right click -> edit, choose emulator, then choose the new install of RetroArch that you created and try launching a game then. I know that seems like a lot, but something must be off somewhere down the line.

Edit: Oh yea, make sure the associated platform names match as well. The names in that window need to match the names of the consoles in the left pane of LaunchBox.

I just did and the same thing is happening.  deleted retroarch completely downloaded it again.  got the cores for the systems that are already in launchbox they work.  Just added an snes game downloaded that core and same problem.  This is insanely frustrating.  

9 minutes ago, heelsinc said:

I just did and the same thing is happening.  deleted retroarch completely downloaded it again.  got the cores for the systems that are already in launchbox they work.  Just added an snes game downloaded that core and same problem.  This is insanely frustrating.  

A lot of the default commands for RetroArch are wildly out of date. I highly suggest following the respective systems tutorials on our channel for each core, and I am gonna see about getting them updated here shortly.

the sad part is I entered GB, GBC and GBA all using the same format.  Then reentered them all more then once.  All while in the associated platforms tab and not once did I pick up on the fact that I was doing it wrong every time.  Thanks again man between your help here and your videos you make this so easy to do.