LaunchBox Community Forums

How to get platform video to show instead of black

draxxdk

Where exactly should videos be added and named in order for them to play when you are displaying a console like "Nintendo Wii" ?

I have downloaded "CriticalZone(v1.2)" and "Minimal-AO"

In both of them, i added "Nintendo_Wii.mp4" and "Nintendo Wii.mp4" (wasn't sure if it could handle whitepace) inside their folders: "C:\Users\Frederik\LaunchBox\Themes\Minimal-AO\Videos\Platforms" / "C:\Users\Frederik\LaunchBox\Themes\CriticalZone(v1.2)\Videos\Platforms"

Inside those folders there is a ReadMe file with the text:

"Place your custom platform videos here and they will automatically override the user's existing platform videos when this theme is in use.

Name the videos by the name of the platform, such as Nintendo 64.mp4."

My platform is named "Nintendo Wii" Excactly. At least that is what it is named when i look in the Games folder.

When i have the checkbox checked for "Use Platform Background Videos" it just turns black for all platforms. Have tried switching from Windows Media Player to VLC and restarting the program many times. When i remove the checkmark, it shows images again for all platforms.

Am i missing something obvious here? I only god BigBox to see Videos of platforms and gameplay of games when they get hovered

Edited by draxxdk

Videos can technically be anywhere on your PC.

I do it by going to Launchbox\Videos\Platform\<Platform Name>\<File Name>.mp4 (I generally name the mp4 to whatever name I am using for that platform).

You might need to make the Platform folder in the Videos folder (can't remember if that is there by default).

Alternatively, you can go to Tools -> Manage Platforms in LaunchBox and then choose to edit your desired platform. At the bottom of that window, you can point it to the location you have the desired mp4/wmv, etc. that you are wanting to use. However, doing it the way I mentioned above will allow LB/BB to automatically find it.

I never put videos into any Videos directory for a theme I'm using; just the default location, and this has always worked for me.

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

1 hour ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

Videos can technically be anywhere on your PC.

I do it by going to Launchbox\Videos\Platform\<Platform Name>\<File Name>.mp4 (I generally name the mp4 to whatever name I am using for that platform).

You might need to make the Platform folder in the Videos folder (can't remember if that is there by default).

Alternatively, you can go to Tools -> Manage Platforms in LaunchBox and then choose to edit your desired platform. At the bottom of that window, you can point it to the location you have the desired mp4/wmv, etc. that you are wanting to use. However, doing it the way I mentioned above will allow LB/BB to automatically find it.

I never put videos into any Videos directory for a theme I'm using; just the default location, and this has always worked for me.

Thank you so much! This worked. 

• 1 month later...