LaunchBox Community Forums

Why have all my game names started to show a number in brackets?

SpaceMidget75

Running version 7 although not sure which build it started on, but I get this in the image attached. The brackets are not in the xml and the roms aren't duplicated.

EDIT: It's appears to be play count, from when I ordered it by play count. The problem is, I've changed the view order and the brackets have remained. Any fix?

Capture4.PNG

Edited by SpaceMidget75

Hey @SentaiBrad, I have to support software I write too - no such thing as a dumb question when users are concerned! :D

Yes, I've restarted many times and changed to a number of different sort orders. Interestingly, it's shows brackets consistently (mostly 0s apart from the one's I have played) until half-way through the D's and then becomes more sporadic as shown here!  Very odd.

Capture5.PNG

Edited by SpaceMidget75

I have no clue then. If you're not in a custom view and you're back to the regular platform or platform category view, and View -> Arrange by is not set to that anymore, I am lost. You could back up your Settings XML and try reloading a fresh XML (when it's gone LB will create a new one). This will remove most of your settings though, so it's a pretty bad workaround. I'll pass this on to Jason.

One last image as it may help Jason (if it is a bug). This one shows just Atari 2600, ordered by Title, with the consistent brackets stopping midway in the D's - BUT, I just played Cosmic Ark to test, and even after a restart of LB, the bracket hasn't incremented to (1) despite Play Count field now showing 1. Despite this, the brackets do seem to symbolize Play Count (at least from a certain point in time!) because if I order it by Play Count  it's obvious it's the ones I have in fact played the most. There's also a screenshot of the sporadic ones from further down the games list.

Capture7.PNG

Capture8.PNG

Update: It's almost definitely a bug of some sort. I can remove the brackets by simply going into the edit screen of a game and clicking OK*. I've checked/compared the XML, and the ONLY thing that changes is the ModifiedDate field. I'm guessing this is some sort of caching issue then.

* Likewise, I've been fixing them by selecting all in a Platform, doing the bulk edit and re-setting the Platform (just so that something is set).

EDIT: YEP! Deleting the cache folder, fixes the problem!

Edited by SpaceMidget75

• 5 months later...

I'd prefer asking here rather than creating another topic (again haha) so... Is it possible to sort by release date but hide the date in the brackets? I just want my persona play list to be sorted by release date without having to manually remove the date. is this a thing?