LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller joystick too sensible in Big Box

Amauri

Hi guys. I'm experiencing a problem with my Controller in Big Box environment. Every time I move the joystick up/down or left/right to select games or to navigate in the menus, it moves actually 2 times. Example: In game menu I can't reach letter B, because from A it jumps directly to C (it looks like too sensible). The keyboard behavior is ok and the joystick works perfectly in the games and in different applications. Any clue why this behavior?  

Thanks in advance.

I'm on Big Box 7.5-beta 2 (latest) using a Dual Shock 4 (with a custom driver so it's recognized as a 360 controller) and I'm not having any issues like that with the D-pad/Analog Sticks. Which version of LB/BB are you on and what type of controller are you using/does it appear to work correctly if you test the sticks/buttons from the device properties? Also, if you open up LB and enable your controller for that, does it do the same thing? AND, lastly, does it happen if you use the D-pad?

My controllers settings are in the screenshot attached, but enabling all controllers didn't change anything for me:

Untitled.png

I'm using v7.4 and my current controllers are working fine in different applications. I'm working with Multi-Console Cthulhu PCBs with Sanwa joystick.

I'm using the same controller settings and still experiencing this problem...

Update: I installed Xpadder to simulate keyboard strokes and disabled "Enable Game Controllers" in Launchbox. It works fine without double presses, but I would like to avoid Xpadder... This tells me that LauchBox interface should have some sensibility adjustment... 

pcb-mc-cthulhu-multi-console.jpg

Edited by Amauri

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue and I would really like to avoid Xpadder and other similar applications. Since this was posted almost two years ago, can we please have better controller options on BigBox? I'd love to be able to use LT and RT as "buttons" on the menu, and setting things like an analog dead zone should be optional at the very least.

• 5 months later...

Hi, are there any news on this issue? When my Xbox One Bluetooth Controller is plugged in, I can't use BigBox or LaunchBox, as the cursor drifts all over the place. The controller works perfectly in other emulators and games, so there seems to be a problem with LaunchBox specifically.

The controller used to work fine a few versions of LaunchBox back. Maybe Jason changed something regarding controllers?