LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox CACHE folder...too many files...can I delete?

cleverest

My LB cache folder is now at 91,300 files...at some point I assume all the stuff can be deleted...or do these need to remain to provide maximum performance all the time while browsing through LB?  Do these clear out automatically EVER?  Any reason to clear them, or problems doing so?  Am I waiting hours to refresh my cache if I start fresh with this folder??

You can delete it, but it will re-cache automatically. If you're constantly adding / removing games, it's a good idea to compeltely delete it from time to time to make sure it's still as lean and mean, but the cache will re-cache regardless. There wont be any problems, and sometimes there's a reason to clear the cache, but there are also options to do this in App. Still, ther's no problem deleting the folder, but when you re-run LB, it will automatically come back. It can take a long time depending on your library, cpu and HDD, but if you leave LB open for a while it should re-cache automatically over time. When I re-cache, in a platform im working on I'll scroll through slowly for a little while, wait 5 min, come back, and past where I scrolled comes in.

• Like 1