LaunchBox Community Forums

Plugin for Ultramap files

I'm a new premium member and love the fe so far , my only issue is I have no way of loading ultramap files for my Ultrastick 360's. Will there me a plugin made available as hyperspin and Gameex currently have. I think quite a few people use these joysticks and the loading of .um files make games like qbert possible as well as tightening up the sticks travel for certain fighting games etc.

If someone has this working could you point me in the right direction please.

Thanks for your time and great product

Nelson

Edited by nelman

• 3 weeks later...

hey Nelson - I've just migrated from attractmode and am after the same thing. I've hacked up the ultramap plugin for rocket launcher so it'll work for Launchbox. It's very hacky and will only work for MAME at the moment, but maybe its enough to get you going. I'll probably spend a bit more time on it over the week and see if I can get other platforms working. It should just be a case of running it on start up, but you'll need to edit the included ini config file as well. It has sensible defaults for most mame roms.

If we could get more variables passed to the AHK script you can assign to each emulator in the LaunchBox config then getting this to work would be super easy. Ideally we need to know; the current emulator or system name (i.e. "MAME", "Sega Genesis"), and the ROM you are loading ("aburner", "rracer").

lb_ultramap.zip

You can extract the zip anywhere you like. You dont need rocket launcher. Just edit the ini file using notepad or similar so that it points to your ultramap executable. Then run the ultramap.exe file from the zip and it should update your stick config whenever mame starts up.

• 5 months later...