LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom theme questions

Arcanthur

Hi guys, new to launchbox.  I recently bought the license for bigbox and it's got me thinking.  I was a skinner from over at the Kodi.tv forums since back in the xbmc days.  I designed several skins, but many weren't finished due to the complexity, and how many pages had to be skinned.  I'm mostly a graphic designer and had help from coders over there getting my designs from concept to reality.  Bigbox seems to have only a few pages that require skinning and I want to try my hand at it.

So I started digging around the themes here and I'm a little lost.  I don't see where any images are located within the theme folders.  Are they all generated by the theme engine or are they stored in some compressed format?  I am completely unfamiliar with XAML and noticed there are some tutorials on youtube, but as a designer what I'm wondering is if anyone would be willing to work with me to create a new theme?

I have some thoughts but have no mockups as of yet, as I am unsure of what the theme engine is capable of.  

Here are some examples of my KODI skins, if someone is willing to work with me, let me know! :)

Thanks,

Arc

S4Hx52l.jpg

08t416s.png

ZghCT6G.jpg

SCdXNJb.jpg

screenshot027.jpg

infoview.jpg

precessionprojecticon.jpg

1 hour ago, Arcanthur said:

I have some thoughts but have no mockups as of yet, as I am unsure of what the theme engine is capable of.  

Basically anything you want to do you can do in XAML.  You can even make your own custom control dll's and reference them in the XAML file.  It's just up to jason to provide the proper bindings to make the controls

Edited by spektor56

2 minutes ago, spektor56 said:

Basically anything you want to do you can do in XAML.  You can even make your own custom control dll's and reference them in the XAML file.  It's just up to jason to provide the proper bindings to make the controls

Well, then I just have a go at some mockups and see if anyone wants to join forces.  I only have light to moderate coding knowledge so the need for a partner is pretty vital.

I use bigbox on 2 sources:

- Custom Arcade cabinet with a real arcade monitor capable of 800x600 

- My 65" 4K tv

So I'd like the theme to be as versitile as possible, which may call for the need of 2 versions, a low and high res, 4:3 / 16:9 version

Anyhow, I'll get to work on some mockups and should have something to show within a few days

20 hours ago, Arcanthur said:

Well, then I just have a go at some mockups and see if anyone wants to join forces.  I only have light to moderate coding knowledge so the need for a partner is pretty vital.

I use bigbox on 2 sources:

- Custom Arcade cabinet with a real arcade monitor capable of 800x600 

- My 65" 4K tv

So I'd like the theme to be as versitile as possible, which may call for the need of 2 versions, a low and high res, 4:3 / 16:9 version

Anyhow, I'll get to work on some mockups and should have something to show within a few days

Try with somthing simple

Example