LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox for low powerd PC in an Arcade Cabinet

ndonkersloot

Dear LaunchBox users,

I'm building myself an bartop arcade machine and it's nearly finished so I was looking for some front-end software until I saw Launchbox.
I looked into the features and bought a license including emumovies lifetime subscription for an easy import.

Using BigBox on the PC i'll be using the interface is quite laggy however.
Since it's not a powerful system i won't expect 60FPS with a theme that utilize fancy stuff, but I do however want a theme that shows a game play video to see what kind of game it is.

The machine BigBox will run on is as followed:
Intel NUC DC3217IYE
CPU: Intel Core i3-3217U
GPU: Intel 4000HD
Mem: 8GB
Disk: 256GB SSD

I all ready disabled all transition effects and limited the interface to 30fps. I've also tried both VLC and Windows media player as the video player.
I've also read and applied the article that shows the changes needs to be made for best performance.

The theme I was using is CriticalZone because the default theme shows a coverflow and not a game play video.

Is there an lightweight theme that shows game play video's? 

Sorry for my noob question.

Best Regards,

ndonkersloot

I used the NUC on a full HD monitor, but the monitor used in the bartop is a 19" 5:4 monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024. Reducing the resolution to 1280x1024 improved the performance to acceptable levels.

Are there more tips to speed up the interface?

The bartop currently looks as this, currently painting and stickers in order:

full.jpg