LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request] Steam Launcher

tSRDazz

Hey guys.

I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid, but I wanted to have a menu item that would just simply open Steam. I've configured Steam to open in big picture mode when opened, but for the life of me can't figure out how to just have a launchable executable...

I was thinking of just having a "Steam" menu icon, like a console, which will simply launch steam in big picture mode. This is because with big picture mode, I'm capable of installing games through my controller, rather than having to pull out my mouse and keyboard, and find the window that requires me to hit next. I can also check progress and just manage things easier on that end.

Big Box's import feature for Steam is great, but with a library as large as mine it's... Well, not worth it, frankly. If need be, I'd wouldn't be against just launching Steam as an application under the Windows platform, but right now that too seems like an effort.

So I came to a solution because I'm an idiot and didn't actually really notice the "Add game" button in the bottom right of the interface... Go me.

I now have a menu item under Windows to launch Steam. That will suffice, but perhaps it would be a good idea to have an option for bootable applications from the "platform" menu level? I'm unsure on how this would be considered, but the idea of just booting "Steam" as a console, as opposed to a game under Windows sounds pretty nice to me. Could be used for other applications in the future too, such as Kodi.