LaunchBox Community Forums

Request: Launchbox Youtube integration

dmjohn0x

Hear me out, im not looking for Youtube to be its own thing inside launchbox. What I'd like to see is the Launchbox channel videos be easily accessible within Bigbox. Especially with the posibility of Retro Spot-light becoming its own thing. I'd even like to see similar channels integrated such as Wood's , The Game Chasers, and Simply Austin. I just think it'd be neat to have all my retro gaming news and entertainment housed within bigbox when I launch.

• Like 1

That's a pretty cool. I'm not sure how much the YouTube API would let us do though... I always wanted to have the feature available, where you put a link to something you want in a video field, and LaunchBox embeds and plays it. I can't speak for the last 3, but for our channel that would be bad ass.

I primarily thought about it for the Launchbox channel but then thought it'd be neat to add some similar (content wise channels) Thought really, I was thinking about how when new features are added, there is a yt video and how much better it'd be if that content was somehow integrated.

It would be pretty awesome actually. I wonder if you could plug a channel URL in and then have the API parse the channels list of videos. That could solve it. I wonder if their API can handle a log in system outside of their website for users with YouTube Red too... Either way, I've sent this link to Jason, and we should certainly get a ticket for this going. I am falling in love with this idea actually.

• Like 1