LaunchBox Community Forums

Average time for approvals/rejections?

zannyuk

Hi again :)

Well Ive started to contribute to the database (cracking on with atari 8 bit xl/xe games that I can find info for), have added a few games, been a good 12 hours (i know, i should have more patience) and have had a grand total of one approval.  Whats the average turnaround in days once a game has been submitted?

Alternatively, maybe your swamped and literally have 100s/1000s? of submissions to go through a day (ive no idea) if so that's fine, I have time to spare so the quicker i can (hopefully) get approved as a moderator of the gamesdb the quicker I can help out approving or rejecting other peoples submissions :)

There really is no average wait time as it is all done by volunteers of the community. I know I have had some submissions get approved within a few hours and then some take 3 or more days. It just depends on where it falls into the queue and how much free time the moderators have. We definitely appreciate all contributions though so be assured your submissions will definitely get moderated when it goes through the queue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 1:32 PM, joskei said:

On a side note to this, is there a point when someone contributes enough positive content that it automatically becomes approved, or does everything always have to be moderated?

On 3/18/2017 at 1:45 PM, kmoney said:

@joskei At this time everything has to be moderated even the stuff that the moderators contribute.

I don't view this as a bad thing, personally. I know I've added something and then wished I had put it a different way after the fact. For these kinds of things, it's good to have moderation.

As for wait time, the only thing I can think of is in verifying the information. Unless I know something, I'll verify it as best I can. If I don't have time to do that, or really have no initial starting point for verifying (like 80's computer games, except C-64) I'll pass on it (which is a good, relatively new function).

55 minutes ago, chyatt6385 said:

I don't view this as a bad thing, personally. I know I've added something and then wished I had put it a different way after the fact. For these kinds of things, it's good to have moderation.

As for wait time, the only thing I can think of is in verifying the information. Unless I know something, I'll verify it as best I can. If I don't have time to do that, or really have no initial starting point for verifying (like 80's computer games, except C-64) I'll pass on it (which is a good, relatively new function).

Its definitely not a bad thing as the moderators of the database can make mistakes as well.