LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - LaunchBox not listing the title from LaunchBoxDB but it exists in GamesDB - Informational

Thraka

When you click search, that game never pops up? It's common for other games that can match Descent to pop up, but they all have their platforms labeled and Descent (MS-DOS) should be there. I just checked my Descent, and it was attached to ID 2299. I clicked the red x to disassociated it, then clicked search, and the first option was Descent (MS-DOS), and clicking on it returned the ID 2299. The ID at the end of the URL and the ID for a game in your LaunchBox may not match the same. In fact, out of all the tests I just made for different games, none of them matched.

Do you have an updated Database metadata file? When you click search it will ask you to update. If it's not, close down LaunchBox and go in to your ../LaunchBox/Data/ folder and delete the Metadata.xml. Open LaunchBox, and it will either ask you to update right away, or ask you again when you click search.

:( no change. I installed launchbox yesterday when I posted. I was never prompted to update the metadata file. I deleted it and reran the program. No prompt to update. I checked the metdata file and the entry is there. Could it be because the scanned game it found is the GOG release + it's pointing to the .lnk shortcut file instead of the EXE? It originally incorrectly used the descent game box photo but had all the data for alien breed 3: descent.

Solved the problem. The platform had been auto-chosen as Windows. When I cleared that and did a metadata search, it shows it.

A really nice feature would be to set the ID of the DB entry and let it use that :)

Sweet, glad it was sorted. It generally shows other platforms when manually searching though too sometimes, so I am confused as to why not here too. Also, It probably filled in Windows if there is a Descent version on Windows and you clicked that entry when manually searching, but it's not going to automatically assume that platform you're using (unless that Metadata tag is empty and you click on a result for that platform).

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - LaunchBox not listing the title from LaunchBoxDB but it exists in GamesDB - Informational