LaunchBox Community Forums

Distribute Media

brubakes

For my setup I have a 256GB SSD drive for the OS and a 4TB tradition HDD for storage.  Currently everything but the emulators are on the traditional 4TB drive.  I would like to have Launchbox and the emulators (maybe the games that fit) run from from the SSD drive, but any large game files and  more importantly the gigs of images, videos, ect stored on the traditional drive.  Is this possible and if so how?

Of course. You'll have to do multiple imports for the multiple locations for the same system, and for the media you go to Tools -> Manage Platforms, double click on the platform, then go to the Folders tab. You can change the paths in here for what you need. Since you might have two locations for the same system, the Game line in this view wont work for you either. That's for the scanning for added and deleted roms.

To be honest, LaunchBox and the emulators on the SSD won't give you a big enough performance boost for you to go through all that much trouble, however, if you want to, it is possible.

If it is possible, in launchbox mode you go to "tools", "manage emulators", "click on the platform in question, then you give to edit and you go to the tab" folders. "From there manage the directories of that platform.
I think that's what you're looking for.

3 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

To be honest, LaunchBox and the emulators on the SSD won't give you a big enough performance boost for you to go through all that much trouble, however, if you want to, it is possible.

Could be a mute point then.

I run all of my launchbox and emulators off a SSD, granted I dropped a nice chunk on a very high end samsung drive but I have been very happy with the performance. It does have some small gains. A lot of the performance issues people have I have never personally seen. I have only ever used LB/BB on a SSD. All of my roms are on a typical physical drive.

3 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

I run all of my launchbox and emulators off a SSD, granted I dropped a nice chunk on a very high end samsung drive but I have been very happy with the performance. It does have some small gains. A lot of the performance issues people have I have never personally seen. I have only ever used LB/BB on a SSD. All of my roms are on a typical physical drive.

I've also never had those issues either, with my set up too. If you dropped that much on your SSD though, then I assume you also know what defragging and trimming is, how to keep it clean, how to keep it lean, what software to avoid etc, so I'm not surprised you've had no issues. :P