LaunchBox Community Forums

Questions regarding PS1 Multi-disc games

Reece

I'm currently using epsxe for my PS1 emulation, but I did read it could use m3u files for disc swapping. Can anyone explain the process of how to use & swap with them in ePSXe, I did try searching but couldn't find anything adequate enough.

I don't particularly want to, but if RA is my only choice for disc swapping (conveniently that is) then I'll do that.

Edited by Reece

There are a few options, and some take more time than others. Besides a button that swaps to the next disc like in RetroArch, the easiest solution is to save state when it asks to switch, close it down, open up the second disc, and load the save state. Otherwise, a very time consuming alternative is to put them in a PBP container. This will compress your games without an archive and combine multiple discs. I am unsure if ePSXe can utilize PBP's, but the PS1 Core in RetroArch does which is my suggested emulator for people.