LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - Launchbox Art download - Informational

fallenangelofluck

Hi guys I'm not sure if this is just normal but I just started using launchbox and Im importing my roms. I don't even have that many maybe 1000? 

But I've set the download to only the front of the box. And it's taking the entire day to download. Is this normal? My download speed is not terrible for all other aspects. Would getting a emumovies account make this process much faster?

Thanks in advance

An EmuMovies account would make things look nicer, as it could provide more images, but that would make things slower, you'd be downloading more. So it depends on the complexity of the system, systems like MAME that have a lot of filtering to do or PC systems that have lots of disk's to combine could naturally take longer depending on your CPU. Past that, where is it that you live? Are you across the ocean from the states? Is your network cluttered with devices? Do you have issues connecting to other websites or services? It's all really dependent, and having good internet may not always be enough. It could be that our server draw has been high too, or our server is experiencing some slow down, but ever since we upgraded a while ago the only reports that come in seem to be related to other sources. For the record, I can download 14 images, plus a video from a game within 30-45 seconds from an edit screen (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, and it depends on the amount). This includes the LBGDB and EmuMovies. Any info you can provide would help.

It depends on your ping. When you put an ocean between you and the server, it can take some serious time to even connect, let alone download everything you need. I've seen it take various amounts of time, but there really isn't a benchmark for this sort of thing, as it could vary wildly even from state to state here, let alone across an ocean.

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - Launchbox Art download - Informational