LaunchBox Community Forums

Does the combin roms feature work with Mame?

alexeon

I imported a complete un-merged mame 0.183 romset to launchbox, but the only way i could get every game to import was by choosing the import all clones option, instead of the default "prefer north american" option.   when I did the import I unchecked the "combine roms" feature because I thought it might mess something up, so my question is if I do the import over and leave that option checked will it show the game only once in my library and let me choose which version to play?  right now each version of every game is showing up in my library.

Also I was trying to save time/bandwidth by downloading the corresponding "video snaps" pack separately to save launchbox from having to download another 12GB or so of video clips, but the problem is it only shows the video clip for 1 version of each game, for example if i look up street fighter II:  the world warrior it will only show the video clip for the "sf2.zip" version of the game.  Is there an easy way to make every version of the games to use the same video clip that the parent is pointing to or am I better off just letting launchbox download all the media automatically