LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there an automated way to combine roms with rules?

alexeon

I tried importing a full MAME romset into launchbox first with the "skip clones and prioritize this region" option but i had the problem where for whatever reason certain games wouldnt import period that way, so I did it over and just picked import all clones, so that worked fine, but combining games that have multiple versions is taking forever.   There will be certain cases where for whatever reason the world version of a game has a theme video and the north american only has a  gameplay video or no video, or vise versa so I am always trying to make sure the main rom that is left in the library has a theme video and is either North American or World.  In most cases happens to be the parent rom, but not always.   So anyway I am wondering if there is an easier way to do this.  If there was a way to automatically go through the library and check if the parent rom has a theme video associated with it, and if it does combine all versions leaving that one as the one that shows in the library, that would probably eliminate 90% of the work with some stragglers here and there to do manually.  If there is not an easier way, is there a database file somewhere that I can backup once I am done doing all this manually so I never have to go through this process again in the future if I decide to upgrade to a newer MAME romset, and possible share with others to save them the time of going through the same process?