LaunchBox Community Forums

Just got eXoDOS no idea how to get games into LB

ALIE

They can be zipped, but it's much more labor intensive to get them up and running. You extract each game in to it's own folder. So with WinRar I would Ctrl + A, Right Click, Extract Each Archive to Separate Folder. Once that was done, I removed the zips, and ran the DOS Importer. Not the installers, the importer. Tools -> Import -> MS-DOS Games. I then pointed it to the root of my DOS folder and used the folder names as the game names. Most, if not all games, got their names from their main folder, not the folder directly above them (this is key because each game will be inside of another folder since those were the shorthand folder names). From there, it should import. If LB doesn't find a games custom conf file, you can set it manually when needed, and you may need to change the exe, bat or com file it chose. Sometimes it chooses the wrong one. You may also need to run a games setups from time to time to initialize stuff as well.

• Like 2

OK i do have a question the games comes in folders 

example first folder named 3D Pifall (1994)

inside is a folder named 3dpitfal.

inside that theres some diffrent files.

should i not import with the folder Method  becuse it seems like it takes everyting then.  but maybe the single file Search then question is what file

If you use the DOS Importer and tell it your root DOS folder, it will search in sub folders. All of mine are set up that way too, the full name, short hand name, then the game files. Even when I used "Use folder name for game names", I was afraid it'd pick shorthand, but it picked the long hand names.

Edit: To clarify, the DOS Importer works different then the others. It knows a list of extensions and basic names to try and pick from and will automatically try and pick the exe, bat or com file required. You'll need to change that from time to time, but when it comes to the actual importing it works great and will only pick up 1 game per folder.

• Like 1