LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 7 Users Important

Maddoc1007

Hi all sorry I have been away from the forum for awhile but I am busy writing a book at the moment which will keep me away from here for awhile.

Anyway the point of this post is to warn all windows 7 users to NOT INSTALL WINDOWS UPDATE KB4012218, this update checks your processor and if it has the latest generation of processors it will not allow anymore updates to windows 7.  I inadvertently installed this update on a computer with a E7300 dual core processor and windows update told me it as my computer had a 7th generation processor it will no longer get windows updates this really shows that this update cant identify processors properly at all as my processor is indeed not a 7th generation processor but one that was manufactured in 2008 and that Microsoft is going out of its way to stop support for windows 7.  Luckily I restored my system to an earlier restore point and windows update works again.

• Like 1