LaunchBox Community Forums

Contribution

Flinkken

Hi.

Im very new to Launchbox and it took about 2-3 days until i bought a license for bigbox and im very happy for it.

Ive been setting up a library of snes games and been correcting namestandard and what not in order to have a match on the database, but i noticed that there isnt much gameplay footage to download for various snes games, is this common or maybe am i doing something wrong?

A few games have been downloading gameplay footage videos that runs when im currently looking on it in the menu but many havent, i can only assume there is no content on the DB?

Next thing if this is the case, how can i contribute to this? where do i start?

Cheers Robert

as far as I know videos are scraped from emumovies, you have to have a subscription to their service to be able to access the videos.

Everything else is free except the videos of gameplay

for me currently their server is down and I am receiving a lot of errors when scraping

For videos to download you actually need both premiums. If you want to contribute to our Database though, then head on over to the database site, create an account and start. But, we have guidelines that I would like you to read through. A lot of games get changed or added frivolously because people wanted to for their own personal reasons. If you want to talk to other contributors or mods, you can check our the Database subforum or our Discord server as well.

Edit: Oh, and there are a ton of threads in the subforum too, some questions may have been answered.

6 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

For videos to download you actually need both premiums. If you want to contribute to our Database though, then head on over to the database site, create an account and start. But, we have guidelines that I would like you to read through. A lot of games get changed or added frivolously because people wanted to for their own personal reasons. If you want to talk to other contributors or mods, you can check our the Database subforum or our Discord server as well.

Edit: Oh, and there are a ton of threads in the subforum too, some questions may have been answered.

Thanks for the reply, that is understandable and my initial thought on contributing wasn't to add my own preferences of how it should look like, more like contributing to the database because it doesnt exist :) 

I will head to the database site today and have a look at this, thanks.