LaunchBox Community Forums

Game and Watch Tutorial help

romruler

I watched the tutorial, followed the directions to the T, yet when RA launches, it only shows the console and the game is unable to be played. It actually looks like a picture. I have tried a number of things, but I cannot get the game to launch. I have the Game and Watch roms in .exe files, those play, but I am unsure on how to load them in LB. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had a hard time finding the Game and Watch roms in .mgw format. Any help there would be great in case I got a bad dump.

Edited by romruler

You are correct. I typed in the wrong extension. I do have those extension roms. So I tried something different. It did load, but I cannot connect my XBox controller to the game so that it controls it. ETA Prime made it seem easy. Maybe I am missing something. I can get it running with my keyboard, but that is it right now.

OK, I just found a rom to test with. It seems to work fine for me with a xbox one controller. You need to hold down start and that brings up the controls for that machine, one of the buttons will be something like start game a, so remember that button and let go of start and then press that button to start the game. Here is a shot of how it looks for me.

Screenshot (52).png