LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Game window loses focus midway through playing game

sppooky

HI i have just set up BigBox and MAME emulator through Rocketlauncher. Am using IPAC2 encoder to connect joystick and buttons to PC. Currently I am running BigBox by clicking on the icon using wireless mouse. I then use my joystick and buttons to scroll down to arcade, select a game. This opens up the 'main game menu' window and i then select 'Play Game'. This then opens up another window with the game. I start playing the game fine - but midway through playing it will suddenly revert back to the 'Main Game menu' window.  However the game is still playing in the background in its own window. I then have to use the wireless keyboard and ALT-TAB to change back to the 'game' window. Game then continues to play normally. This happens whether i control the launchbox menu via joystick or mouse. Any ideas why main game window keeps losing focus and the game menu window is brought to the forefront?

I've been experiencing this when playing MAME games through either LB/BB. I've been assuming it is a MAME issue and hadn't seen anyone else reporting it. I have a multiple monitor setup and the focus will leave my portrait monitor and my controller starts to change things on the in LB on the landscape monitor it is really annoying.

It def is annoying. As a possible workaround Im going to disable the 2nd game info window, under BB options and see if that helps, and hopefully it doesn't then revert back to BB homepage instead. With regards to controller changing things I had that issue yesterday and it was because one of my joystick directions was also mapped to 'on screen display' so just double check that's not the case.

• 5 years later...