LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup Videos not working

ReaperZer0

I have a 10 second one and a 20 seconds one, the 10 second one plays twice when I go into Big Box, and the 20 second one cuts out after 10 seconds-ish? I don't know what's up with it, and no one else seems to be having this problem. I tried using both VLC and WMP as the default, had no effect. Any ideas?

It seems like you set the delay settings to 10 (really something like 12 or 13) seconds for your first video, and forgot to set it again to 20 (again, more like 22 or 23) seconds for the second video. Check your Big Box settings and adjust the time delays. Or, if you never set them, then your Big Box takes about 10 seconds to load, and your first video matched that perfectly, now your Big Box launches faster. However, if it's launching at 10 seconds each and every time, means you probably did set it.

Oh, that seems very odd. Just to double check everything, I would like it if you updated two very import things; Your Drivers and your Codecs. You can update your drivers very easily (all of them) with this piece of software. And yes, it really really works. I have to say that because people give me crap for using it and talking about it. xD To update your codecs, install this right here. During install, if it says that it found any issues, click yes to let it fix them. This will help eliminate the potential issues.

I recently ran a similar program maybe not that exact one to update my drivers and it did, but it also borked up something so I'm loathe to do so again, they should all be fine. I installed the codec pack and it maybe got rid of it... mostly? There's like 2-3 frames of a black box. It's barely noticeable except to OCD freaks like me. But honestly, I can just play it off like it's part of my theme since it's 80's and glitchy on purpose anyway. :D

Yea, In almost 10 years of using that program, it's never given me issues. So yea, I understand the trepidation. I had one screw things up too, and I used that begrudgingly and it worked some how. Now I use it all the time, on my family's PC's and on clients PC's. It really finds that obscure ass driver you never knew existed. xD IOBit's products are of quality if you decide to want to try again. It can also create restore points before each and every install as well, so that does help.

If the codec pack cleared some stuff up, but it still persists, then I am at a loss. I know the start up videos only use VLC, so there may be more things you can do down that road, but I am unsure. I'm happy you're taking it in stride though. If video is giving you trouble, in any capacity, and software has been spruced up (except the Drivers in this case), then I go to hardware. CPU or GPU overheating, or something failing. It sounds dumb, especially for a short intro video, but failing hardware does cooky things. Do you have any issues with games or video played in other media players by chance? There might be something else software related im not thinking of either. I'll let some of the other top posters know about this and see what they think as well.

What what you showed me, that all looks totally normally to be honest. Even the video taking a second to come in, however, I think you helped answer my questions. If it does load in faster when you weren't recording, and slower when you were, then that means Kodi is fighting your PC for power. Granted, recording is an arduous task on a PC, so that's no surprise. However, the other problems can be explained with that information. I still think Drivers need to be updated fully (know for sure), or it could be your PC. It's really hard to know for sure, so I'm sorry I can never give you a single answer, or even the answer answer. xD