LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame + FBA

InfinityFox

I've had a nice collection of games running with FBA. CPS 1,2,3, Cave, Neo Geo MVS etc, found on a rather pleasurable site. I got this collection mainly because I could never really find out what systems were included in the MAME set. Now we have platform categories which is cool but there are a few little bugs in the creation of the playlist but that's not the reason for this post.

So the FBA collection was added as a platform called FBA and scanned as Arcade. I then recently imported my mame collection and found many games missing even when selecting import all. I'm sure the importer when processing files logs what has been added. If you happen to queue up the same folder that you imported earlier which happens to include some new roms then it will ignore the old and import the new. 

So my question is... If my FBA collection was imported first under the FBA platform and scrapped as Arcade and then my MAME collection, could LB not be importing Neo Geo MVS and other systems because I've already imported them under my FBA platform and scrapped as arcade?

Sorry I did waffle a bit, but I hope you guys understand what, I'm getting at.