LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME .182 HI SCORE?

latin625

1 hour ago, latin625 said:

Get new romset and the new 1.92 or higher emulators. 

Not always a good solution. For example I've spent a lot of time removing games I don't want to reduce the clutter. They'd have to be a damn compelling reason to get me to change to a new set and do all that again.

• Like 1

Cheers for the help guys I will update the rom set and get latest version of mame 195 and try that. It’s odd because it will save scores for Donkey Kong and Bubble bobble my 2 go to games to test the feature. But like I said a previously supported game Football Champ refuses to save the scores. Iv looked through the dat file and the game appears in the text which to me means it should work. I’ll try this new rom and name version and see if it fixes it. 

Keep all your old roms and emulator in a different folder.  Just in case you dont find any difference.  Or you can even use both emulators to refer to different roms just in case.  I also used to just do "save state" on mame and it always kept the high scores.  Only thing I hated is that the game would load right back to the point I closed it... sometimes in mid play.

Cool.  Just keep everything until you make 100% you dont need them again. Super important.  As for CHDs,  I went and used everything new or matching to the new romset, so I am not 100% sure about using old ones.  What you can do before you go crazy with a new romset is maybe you can just download the latest Mame 1.95, and ONE rom and CHD that matches.

Make it the one game that is giving you issues now.  You can google the CHD and Rom... it will come up Im sure.

Then if it works, then maybe you can go for it 100%.  If not, you save the aggravation and maybe go to my awful solution of using "Save state"  on your current MAME version and romset.

Iv reached out to the guy who has put the hiscores DAT together. He has suggested I edit the file in note pad editing it to this ....

footchmp:
hthero:
@:maincpu,program,10a920,50,0a,00

euroch92:
@:maincpu,program,10a99c,50,0a,00

I did this and boom the game now saves ??

• Like 1

I retained my original build as I had all the chd and rom files. I enabled the hiscore plugin on the mame options tab. I created the hi folder in the main folder structure and dropped the latest Hiscores Dat file in the plugin folder in the hiscore folder. 

Like I had said before certain games worked a treat like 1942, bubble bobble but football champ was not working. 

These are the before and after pics 55A2381C-DFD1-4B72-BD73-66E84DE7490D.thumb.jpeg.c370ab252070caa20a59fde617956f3e.jpeg

2893A773-F224-42D4-9D6C-24C0A2E4D029.jpeg

• Like 1