LaunchBox Community Forums

Games running at super-speed, setup help needed

Govinda

Hello, I'm a Launchbox noob setting up for the first time. I've started with Retroarch and MAME & SNES cores (mame 2014 & tried both bsnes balanced and snes9x 2010).

When I launch a game and start playing, it runs at crazy fast speed, about 20x to 30x speed I would guess. It does this in both MAME & SNES. I was using Hyperspin before, with dedicated console emulators, and games ran fine with that.

Anyone have a clue what might be happening? Thanks.

CPU: Pentium G2130 Ivy Bridge Dual-Core 3.2 GHz

GPU: GT 640

Display: 4:3 CRT VGA monitor

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

I am just guessing here but my first guess would be the audio sync in the audio settings is set to off, this should be set to on. If that does not fix it check in the video settings and enable Hard GPU Sync.

Try those first and if that doesn't solve it we can look for something else.

Bam! That did it. Thanks!

Needed to enable Hard GPU Sync. Should I also set # of frames for that?

Dang! After adding more systems, the super-speed issue returned. It appeared on NES, SNES, and MAME. N64, Daphne, and Dreamcast all seemed fine. Though N64 could get a bit "twitchy" sometimes, like when I'm in 1080 Snowboarding in the character select screen and hit the Start key instead of A or B or whatever. After toggling various video settings on and off to test things, I set everything back to how I had it, and shut down LB. About 30 minutes later I started up LB and the speed issue was gone 

I still have Audio Sync and Hard GPU Sync on. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

I would cut out this version of RA all together at this point, and go with a completely clean install. If you're on nightlies, then pick the latest nightly. If you're on official, then just re-download the official. Either way, start from a completely clean, new install, with no custom configs.

Okay, thanks, I suppose I can gIve that a try. I'm using the latest stable version. You would recommend reinstalling that over switching to a nightly or older version? And can I leave all the box images and such in Launchbox, or should I delete and reinstall that, too?

From what I'm hearing/reading, RA is worth this effort, but if I keep running into issues, I may go back to individual emulators.