LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about regions/1G1R in No-Intro sets

aydin

I am currently setting up up LaunchBox and have stumbled across an issue that I'm interested in how others handle it. For my roms I'm using the No-Intro sets, and I'm using ClrMamePro to generate 1G1R sets (preferring EUR, then USA then AUS) where possible using the P/Clone XML dats from http://datomatic.no-intro.org.

The specific situation that I've come across (and there may be others that I haven't spotted yet) is for the Streets of Rage games for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. 

First of all, the No-Intro set for Genesis does not contain a rom for Streets of Rage. Instead, it has Bare Knuckle - Ikari no Tetsuken ~ Streets of Rage (World).zip.

Secondly, after building the new 1G1R set via ClrMamePro I would expect to see Streets of Rage 2 (USA) in my results, but instead I have Bare Knuckle II - Shitou e no Requiem ~ Streets of Rage II (Japan, Europe).zip.
I get that they are technically the same game, but realistically if I want to play Streets of Rage then that is the name that I (and anyone else) would look for in the list, rather than trying to remember/guess the japanese title of the game and looking for that.

How do others work around this? Is it a case of using the No-Intro dats as a base to generate a 1G1R collection, and then manually removing/adding games where necessary? If this is the only way then I'll just have to do that, but my concern is how many other games might fall under this criteria.. I just happened to spot this one by chance. Also if I modify my collection in this way, if I try to scan using ClrMamePro in the future it will obviously not match the No-Intro dat.

Hopefully that all makes sense - any input/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by aydin

It makes sense. Besides manually editing, your only option might be to grab another dat and or xml (I'm thinking a hyperlist) which I know prioritize usa games and use that. You could run it through there first and then do a search in your other set for Europe Australia etc and augment the set with regionals. It's not perfect, but it is what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...