LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox creating unwanted subdirectories in MAME directory

smpetty

When I run LaunchBox (7.10 beta 3), subdirectories are automatically created in my MAME directory, even if I don't use MAME.  The added subdirectories are:

manuals
videos
bkground
Discs
Cart3D
SteamBanners
CartFront
Banners
Box3D
snap
Music
BoxBack
BoxFront

The directories may have region folders (North America, Japan, etc) but are otherwise empty. BigBox does NOT create these directories.  It makes an already busy folder all the more difficult to navigate.  Is there any way to prevent this?

So, if it's creating the image folders, it thinks your Images folder location is that directory. If it's creating the Music, Manuals, Videos and "Images" (not the image types), then it thinks that's your root LaunchBox directory. How do you have things set up exactly? Something seems wrong if this is the case. If you didn't change the image folder location for that platform, or mess with where your LB folder is installed, then there is a bug with your set up (or it could have been some odd circumstances that's not really a bug, but bug like behavior).

23 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

So, if it's creating the image folders, it thinks your Images folder location is that directory. If it's creating the Music, Manuals, Videos and "Images" (not the image types), then it thinks that's your root LaunchBox directory. How do you have things set up exactly? Something seems wrong if this is the case. If you didn't change the image folder location for that platform, or mess with where your LB folder is installed, then there is a bug with your set up (or it could have been some odd circumstances that's not really a bug, but bug like behavior).

Thanks SentaiBrad.  I will check the setup when I get home.  Nothing unusual in my setup.  I never changed folder locations or LB install location.  

The folder names are odd - they aren't the usual names for any folders in my LB/Images folder.  Here's a more complete list of the empty folders that magically appear:

SteamBanners
snap
bkground
Discs
wheels
Cart3D
CartBack
CartFront
Banners
marquees
ControlInfo
Cpanel