LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear logo's scraping issue

jayjay

Im trying to download just the clear logo's for all games per platform.

My steps are as follows:

I go to Sega Genesis.

Highlight all games.

Click "tools".

Click "Download metadata and media", 

I un-check everything other than clear logo's in the wizard.

This method has worked fine for N64, NES, GC, NDS, SNES, Sega 32, CD, GG, Genesis, MS, SS, PS1, PSP.

But I cant seem to get it to work for... Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Wiiware.

I know the clear logo's are available because I can download them individually. But for some reason these platforms refuse to download in bulk. Anybody any idea's please?

EDIT: ah **** I did not mean to put this in Features section. Im sorry.

Edited by jayjay

That is odd. I had to force all in my Dos collection last night due to the something similar, although none of my files have been renamed.
Moonstone was showing Mrs Pac pictures in Big box but had no pictures at all in launchbox. Doing a refresh of all images in Big box did not fix this.  Same with force populates.

Forcing all metadata to download for moonstone fixed the issue but then I tried the same on a few title that had no images and they all came up with pics.

This is 1 hour after downloading all metadata available across LB and EM and wiki and choosing the Do not replace existing fields.

What are we doing wrong?

I have noticed after a large meta import of say 5000 games the image refresh that automatically happens will crash launchbox if I click on LB window. It's always been this way. I used to crash it and restart because it is quicker than waiting for the refresh.

I have to leave it for 20 for fear of screwing with freshly downloaded metadata

Edited by syntax_X

This shouldn't be happening, obviously. I can't exactly pin point whats going on, but removing the games for that platform, and manually deleting your cache to start completely fresh might help. I was also going to suggest deleting the images too, but that would be a last resort, as you'd then have to download everything again.

• Like 1

The history of my Dos collection is sketch. I started with that complete torrent of Dos that has Trojans injected into DOOM and MORTAL KOMAT (2 perfect titles to get people with) 
I never had much luck with this and had downloaded all the meta I could for it, at that time Moonstone was showing Mrs Pac pictures in BB but nothing in LB. 

I deleted that entire collection but kept the meta, imported the eXoDOS collection and it imported the old collection at the same time...
So I deleted some data files did another wipe, imported eXoDOS fine this time then redownloaded meta without replacing fields and the rest is history.