LaunchBox Community Forums

Database not saving?

alnyden

I'm having a strange issue here.  I have a platform with games listed that don't have working roms.  So, I'm deleting the games in LB and re-importing the correct roms.  In doing so, the games list goes from about 900 to 500 and afterwards everything looks correct.

However, when I quit LB and start again, all 900 games are back in the platform.  It's happened twice now, as if the database is not saving.  I've done the same procedure with other platforms but this hasn't happened.  Any idea what could be going wrong?

Thanks,

R

Yes, if I delete the games and restart LB, they all come back.  I tried deleting the entire platform and even that would come back on next launch.   Weirdly when I right-clicked the platform name it says "that platform does not exist."  But after a few clicks it stops saying that.  So I can't find any way to get rid of the roms or the platform.

Would it be helpful to edit the XML or delete the XML for that platform? 

Thanks,

R

Deleting it would more than likely help at this point. Where is your LB install located? Do you have write permissions? If you let it stick to the default location of the C drive, a lot of people's machines for various reasons don't give proper permissions. You could try running LaunchBox in admin mode, but just as a test. If you leave it in admin mode, it could cause more issues down the line. If that does fix it, moving LB to a different drive and making sure you have permissions over that folder might be the solution.