LaunchBox Community Forums

Controlling the order of IGameMenuItemPlugin menu items

Hi,

Is there a way to control the order of custom menu items' appearance in the right-click menu?

I am creating a plugin to create multiple menu items, such as:

• Set genre to Adventure
  • Set genre to RPG
  • Set genre to Shooter
  • Hide
  • Unhide
  • Blacklist
  • Remove leading article from title (The and A)

I'd like to group and alphabetize the "Set genre" items, as well as Hide and Unhide. Right now, the appearance of all these items in the menu seems to be more or less random. (Their order in the attached screenshot does not correlate with their ordering in my code.)

Is there any way to set the ordering of plugin menu items, either explicitly, or by forcing alphabetization so I can set the order by prepending the caption with a special character?

Thanks, Aaron

2017-05-29 12_07_51-LaunchBox Premium - Licensed to Aaron Solomon.png

Edited by utopicide
added screenshot

• 4 months later...

Am I posting these questions in the wrong place? Or is activity on developing plugins just kind of quiet?

I'm trying to connect to the community, but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong--for instance, if there's some larger protocol that I'm not following.

I welcome any constructive criticism or advice on engaging with the community.

No, you are not doing anything wrong. It is likely just slow since the plug-ins are mostly forum member developed and there does not appear to be a large volume of our members that have the skill set, plus those that do typically do it in their spare time. So this forum may not get as many views as say the Noobs or Troubleshooting subforums. 

I do not know the answer to your questions. Maybe post a query in troubleshooting forum.