LaunchBox Community Forums

Is a refund possible ?

lokham

Hello and sorry for the title but I would like to love Launchbox but I can't.

I bought the premium version yesterday and tested a lot of features and tried to make it work fine on my GPD win. Bigbox takes 800Mo of Ram and is very very slow, tested 10 themes and the result is the same. So I must only use it on my main PC but I won't play retro gaming there. So I ask, is there a way to be refunded ? 

If not, no problem, I will seat on my 20$.

By the way Bigbox is always showing videos of games played on the selection screen and when I saw it I said "wow cool, launchbox is cool and deserve 20$ " but it's 20$ more to have it with paying another site :  emumovies. I didn't know that.

• Like 1

It run pretty well on my main PC when installed on SSD. When I install LB and BB on a USB key 3.0 it runs very slow. Sometimes it takes 2 secondes for a keyboard input to be effective. And when I put this USB key in my GPD win this is worse.

I've send a email to the support to ask for refund. I'm waiting for theire response.

Yes, most thumb drives aren't going to have enough IO, or read write to be able to keep up. I've said in various places on the forums that the hard drive speed isn't TOO necessary, but that's when we're talking about full hard drives, 5400rpm vs 7200rpm, SATA 3 and full USB externals (USB devices that aren't skimping on the USB3 spec). When you start getting in to thumb drives, the speeds start to fluctuate wildly and the drives aren't going to be able to handle all the read / write at the same time. A Sandisk extreme performance thumb drive or SD card might work well enough.