LaunchBox Community Forums

PS4 Controllers Problem

Andrewnintendo

Hey Everyone. So I have a big problem with my PS4 controllers. I use DS4 Windows. So basically, when I plug in either one of my PS4 controllers by itself, it works with all my emulators and the input is set to what it should be, thus allowing me to play all my emulators with the proper config I made for player 1. However, when I plug in my second controller, it messes up the input. So now the second controller plugged in becomes player 1 whereas the first one that was initially plugged in becomes player 2, more or less. Some Emulators like Snes9X still retain the proper config and my first controller plugged in is still player 1, whereas my second controller is player 2, exactly how it should be. But for other emulators like PCSX2, it completely messes up the input. Some buttons work on my first controller, and others work on my second. Additionally I have BigBox set to enable a game controller. When I have my first controller plugged in by itself, it works and I'm able to use my controller. However when I plug in my second controller, my first one is no longer able to control BigBox, instead controller #2 controls it. Now, I'm not really quite sure of why any controller I plug in SECOND is defaulting to player 1, but perhaps it has to do with the fact that when I was configuring dolphin, I loaded up player 1 profile to player 2 because I thought the config would be the same. Maybe that switched up the inputs? Or perhaps it also has to do with the fact that I plugged in controller 2 in controller 1's usual port because I wanted to use my second controller. I'm really lost, I've tried removing the game controllers from devices and printers and re installing them, but no matter what I do, whenever I plug in a second controller, it messes up the input and defaults to player 1.  How would I go about resolving this issue? Is there a way to perhaps reset the controllers or set a primary controller? By the way I'm sorry this is long, I've tried to include as much information as possible. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.

Edited by Andrewnintendo

This is a rather complicated issue, and I think it mostly comes down to emulators doing different things, and how Windows assigns ID's to plugged in devices. I think the ideal situation is to never unplug them unfortunately, which is a fairly absurd thing to ask in a lot of cases. Plugging them in to the same port each time might solve it, changing to Input Mapper MAY help the problem as well, but I am honestly at a loss. Each emulator does something slightly different or completely different than the others, in conjunction with Windows not having the same behavior, and them all mingling together. If someone knows of a solution, then by all means, but I have seen countless threads where there are dumb issues with multiple controllers.