LaunchBox Community Forums

Automation and exiting emulators

Midnight Locke

So I find myself using Zsnes, due to the quality of the pixels being quite pretty compared to 9x, anyway, I set an autohotkey command, and it not only exists the game when holding start and select, but bigbox as well. Is there another command I should be using instead? How can I prevent Bigbox from getting closed?

ZSnes' picture quality shouldnt be any better than Snes9x. Perhaps there was a filter on in Snes9x like bilinear filtering which adds a "blur" effect.

ZSnes is such an outdated and deprecated emulator nowadays that no one uses it anymore. Most people use either Snes9x or Retroarch with one of the Snes cores in it.

Perhaps we can help you get the video quality more to your liking in Snes9x if you show us a couple of screenshots from ZSnes and Snes9x describing what it is you do and don't like.