LaunchBox Community Forums

Request: Drag and Drop Custom Playlists

gogocons

I have just spent a longer time than I expected creating a custom playlist. First, searching for the game, then right clicking it then Add to Playlist, waiting for the pop-up and hitting ok, rinse and repeat. I apologize in advance if there is an easier way to do this but I was just following the existing tutorial for doing this (

I think a drag and drop system would be a lot easier. I would even be happy with avoiding the confirmation pop-up to shave a few seconds off this process.

May be my computer is getting a little long in the tooth but this process is very slow for me. Any inputs would be appreciated.

• Like 1

When importing MAME games, there is an option to automatically create playlists based on certain preset factors. There's also an option in the menu to create these after the fact. You can also Ctrl + Click several games at once, to add more than 1 game at a time. A drag and drop system, or a more streamlined system does sound nice. You're more than welcome to request it by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the website. Don't forget to vote on your own ticket. Otherwise, Ctrl + Clicking to select multiples at once might help speed things up considerably.

• Like 1

You can make a playlist of your favorite games, games that came out in a certain year, games of a series, or really whatever you can come up with. I should add these have the option of showing up as their own Platform so they can be separate (and thus easier/quicker to find) from other consoles in BigBox, if you use that.

Edited by gogocons
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, gogocons said:

You can make a playlist of your favorite games, games that came out in a certain year, games of a series, or really whatever you can come up with

That, all of a sudden, makes a LOT of sense. I never actually thought about it that way, but yeah, there are series of games that span multiple consoles, so that makes sense. I might look into doing that.

• Like 1