LaunchBox Community Forums

Working PDF viewer + works with Big Box + controller!

KUPOkinz

This video is basically demonstrating FASM's method of viewing manuals, I did not come up with it though I did do some tweaks. There wasn't any videos of it in action, so.. here ya go!

Everything you see is being inputed by my Xbox One controller ONLY. Perfect for that home console feel!

Using the guide FASM wrote over at https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topi... but with some tweaks to the interface and I've also added Controller Companion in the background to control .pdf files so it all works seamlessly. Controller companion even auto-opens only on .PDF files and auto closes as well so no background tasks going on when you're not using it.

Also, the manuals will fill the entire fullscreen, no borders or anything to show that it's being ran off a .PDF viewer. Another thing, the reason Morrowind doesn't fill the entire screen is because the manual was shaped like a PS2 manual! Final Fantasy VII was a PSX manual shaped like a square :P

Let me know what you think, I can try to write out a detailed tutorial if anyone is interested!

Edited by KUPOkinz
  • Like 5