LaunchBox Community Forums

Vjoy + Ipac +U360

Fablog

Hey @Fablog

I have taken a few screen shots of my setup.

1. setup vjoy to create another joystick. in my case ive got 2 player controls using an ipac2 so I created 2 additional joysticks. The aim here is to basically map lets say P1 ipac keys to VJoy1(buttons) and P2 ipac keys to VJoy2(buttons) 

2. once complete and Vjoy is running windows should now show you have 2 U360s and 2Vjoys.

3. I used x360ce(xbox 360 gamepad emulator) wih my pc/steam games to merge each u360 vjoy pair.  Essentially each x360ce is combination of u360 for directional movement (stick axis) and vjoy for the buttons.

I hope this helps.

vjoysettngs1.png

winjoysticksetting.png

x360ce.png

You don’t need a special config. Just copy the x360ce files into the steam games executable directory and x360 gets called as the steam game starts. See attached example of sfv directory.

Each steam game may need a slightly different x360ce config but there are plenty of resources that can be found with a google search.

d5f69512a5d7d6a434974a981d429779.jpg

I personally use rocketlauncher to fire up my games/roms. This also starts vjoy for the specific games that require it. This is optional as vjoy can be started a windows startup also.

@neohusky I couldn't wait this WE to try Vjoy but after an hour I haven't understood yet how is it working. I created 2 virtual joysticks, I mapped buttons to them but not the U360 because Vjoy doesn't see it. X360ce detects my 2 U360, my Ipac but only one virtual controller (I see them in the windows joysticks configuration utility). I can see my U360s and buttons are working well but how to combine them in a unique virtual Joystick?? I think I really don't understand how everything is supposed to work together. Could you help me please?

Your on the right track.

So the 2 virtual joysticks should be just used to map the iPac buttons and nothing else.

At this point you should have 4 joysticks. 2 u360s and 2 virtual joysticks.

Then x360ce is used to merge each pair together. That is map the u360 to the stick axis and then the vjoy buttons to the button input.

I can’t remember if I had to do anything special for this to work,but, I can’t remember it being too much of an issue. Make sure both vjoys are enabled in the vjoy app. Maybe this is why you only see one in windows.

Ok, sounds I'm good after all. I need to find how to combine the U360 and the Vjoy, not so easy ;)
If I don't see the second Vjoy I think it's because X360ce can't show more than 4 controllers. I'll try to put the Ipac in the fifth USB number.

I found the solution in the X360ce web site:

To use more than one controller in game, you may need to combine them. Try to:

1. Run x360ce.exe
2. Select the [Controller #] tab page corresponding to your additional controller.
3. Open the [Advanced] tab page.
4. Set "Combine Into" drop down list value to: One.
5. Select [Options] tab page.
6. Check "Enable Combining" check-box. (Note: Uncheck "Enable Combining" check-box, when you want to configure the controller.)
7. Click [save] button.
8. Close x360ce Application, run game.

I'll try tomorrow!

@neohusky no need to upload Screenscraper, thx anyway. I was successful to create a virtual xbox360 controller :)
I still have my Ipac like the third controller in X360ce and can't replace it by my 2nd vjoy. How many USB controllers do you have plugged in?