LaunchBox Community Forums

Input Freezes When Using Controller Automation to Exit Emu

dmaker

I've recently decided to give Bigbox + couch + Kodi another go.  My htpc died recently so I moved a quiet desktop from my lab downstairs to fill the gap. It is not as small, but has more power ( Core i-7, 16GB of RAM, discrete gpu [Nvidia GT420], 256 GB SSD). I was going to just go with Plex running on an ESX vm, but decided I might as well have the best of both worlds. I will have a VM that just does Plex streaming to my Android devices when I'm travelling and go back to Kodi directly attached to my TV with local media drives backing up to a Qnap NAS. 

So far so good. I have my xbox 360 wireless controller working great in Kodi and Bigbox. I tried the current version of the Bigbox addon for Kodi and what an improvement! This never worked for me before and now it is super smooth and reliable, it seems. 

The only real annoyance left is that when I try to use the controller to exit and emu, the input hangs. Sometimes I have to alt tab around a bit to get focus back and sometimes I just have to hit esc on my wireless keyboard. I have tried hitting my mapping for exit ( hold start + back) one more time, but that never does anything. I always have to use the keyboard to get focus back. I can see game description text scrolling still, so it's not totally hung, but it won't take input from my controller or my keyboard when this happens. 

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Edited by dmaker