LaunchBox Community Forums

Weird USB issue on my htpc is driving me bonkers.

dmaker

While not strictly Launchbox/Bigbox related, the issue is on my Bigbox PC. I recently rebuilt one of my desktops I used to use for virtualization into my new HTPC. It's been working great for a couple of weeks with KODI, Plex and LB/Bigbox. Tonight I moved it from the floor beside the TV to the cabinet next to it and now none of my usb devices (beyond a wired mouse) are being recognized. Even a generic keyboard is not working. In fact, there is no Keyboard section in Device Manager at all. So, my wireless kb, my wireless mouse, my Xbox 360 receiver, none  of that is working.  This machine is running Windows 7 ( I prefer it for htpc).

I have tried removing usb root hubs and controller and rebooting. No change. Windows re-installs the same ones, but no keyboard, etc. I've been pouring over google and not really coming up with much.  At this point, I would even re-install Windows, but I can't access the bios since I don't have a keyboard that bloody works. 

I thought I might put the question to this community. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!