LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox beta highly unstable after 25k roms

p bizzy

I have about 25k roms in my collection and LaunchBox seems to no longer want to cooperate when doing any work in it for more than a few minutes. Crashes are at different points each time, especially when doing new imports. Specs are Windows 10 w/latest updates / i6700k / 1080 / 64GB ram. Even copying my full LaunchBox folder to my laptop nets the same result. I've tried .NET repair and reinstalling Launchbox over top of itself to no avail.

There's no stack track or anything to even clue me in, or to help you help me, so looks like I'll be stuck at 7.10 for awhile since that works. I wasn't much of a fan of the forcing the .NET update for other reasons but I did it anyway and now 7.11 doesn't stay up if it does too much work. Not expecting any miracles here without a stack trace or getting lucky for it to be a known issue -- which I don't see on this forum, so Just thought I'd report it for now.