LaunchBox Community Forums

My home arcade cabinet

madpossum

A look at my new home arcade cabinet. Got the 32" Upright Xtension Arcade kit from RecRoomMasters. You design and send in the artwork and they send you everything you need pre-cut. Good for people like me who don't have any real woodworking tools and are a danger to themselves and everyone around them if I had them anyway, LOL. Using Big Box (of course) with a launch video I made just for this arcade.

The guts are an old HP PC I had that we weren't using (it actually wasn't working, I had to replace the motherboard to get it going again).
Two  Aimtrak guns for the lightgun games complete the package (I bought a couple of black plastic hooks to hang them from at Home Depot for about $4.00).

I always liked the art associated with SF2 HF that you would see in strategy guides and old GamePro magazines at the time, so I used that as the basis for the artwork. The characters on the sides were all character art from old promotional material for SF2 HF. The Control panel uses the cover box art for the SNES and Genesis home versions of the game.

Edited by madpossum
  • Like 2