LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam Games Dissapearing??

Robin55

Ah, big problem here with Steam games?? I just started LaunchBox to find that they are all missing? I have already backed up LaunchBox but as I readd the PC Games platform xml Bigbox sees the games at first but when I launch Launchbox it seems to all most delete every steam game? I have tried importing them again to find that they are added under the platform Windows, so I bulk edit the games to PC games (I use Rocket Launcher) and they all disappear?? Anyone know what's going on here??

Thanks Giuseppelll, I have checked that and it seems the xml was not set to read only but the data folder its self was. Thing is once I downgraded LaunchBox it fixed the problem without me touching the data folder, so I can only imagine it must be a problem with one of the new beta's I was upgrading to. however I will upgrade again in a while and see if the problem persists. 

Seems you were right Giuseppelll, My entire Launchbox Folder was set to read only, I changed that and updated to the latest Beta and Everything is working fine now. Thanks!

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:04 AM, GiuseppeIII said:

Make sure your launchbox/data/platforms/windows.xml isn't set to read only.