LaunchBox Community Forums

OCD Triggering | Organizing bad folder names | general clean up of stuff

GunerX

so I'm going through my games folder inside launchbox and I notice something that is...well...triggering the hell out of me.

when you first import a ROM, you get many options for organizing the ROMs. which is great. i like them. I use them.

the problem.....is sometimes.....launchbox gets it wayyyyy wrong.

example: import Castlevania Symphony of the Night, launchbox thought it was "Castlevania Chronicles". no biggie. edit and rename it, rescrape the meta data. done. simple right? ....nope

the Metadata is correct. the title is correct. but the folder names, rom names, and the general paths are still wrong. the actual game rom file is still inside a folder called "Castlevania Chronicles".....well....I dont want that...I want it to rename it to the correct game title "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night". 

Another "interesting" thing launchbox does sometimes, launchbox has decided to Duplicate certain games.

Here is what I mean.

I've got 6 folders, each has the same name, same files inside, same everything. with only 1 small difference. here are the folders

Mega Man X4 [1997]

MEGAMAN X4 [1997]

Mega Man X5

MEGAMAN X5

Mega Man X6

MEGAMAN X6

now I can clean this up myself manually, but this is going to be a pain to keep rechecking and re-editing the various game folders and metadata manually.

Is there a way to tell launchbox to sort through all these and rename/reorganize them according to their CURRENT Metadata?

-edit-

just noticed another really bad sorting issue, Mega Man 8 (a ps1 game) is for some reason in the SNES directory.....

Edited by GunerX